RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Cauliflower mac and cheese.
1 bay leaf
Nutmeg, good freshly grated pinch
tsp Dijon mustard
150g Cheddar cheese grated
50 Parmesan cheese grated
1) Melt the butter then whisk in the flour over a low heat in a saucepan stirring continually for around 2 minutes.
2) Add the cold milk, and the bay leaf. Stir with with a whisk to eliminate any lumps. Cook this over a low heat stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture catching on the bottom of the saucepan, for about 15 minutes. Whilst it is cooking season with salt and nutmeg. Once the sauce has thickened add the cheese (keeping back 50g of the cheddar) and stir in.
3) Set to the side and cook your cauliflower in boiling water, lift out with a slotted spoon and allow to steam dry.
4) In the cauliflower water now cook the pasta. Check the cooking instructions of your chosen brand and undercook the pasta by 3 minutes. Drain it and allow to cool
5) Fold the pasta and cauliflower into your cheese sauce, stir in teaspoon of dijon mustard or more if you like.
6) Put this now in a ovenproof dish sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top and bake until hot, finishing under a grill to brown the top.