A friend of mine sent these to me, I made them, I gained two pounds. This story is real. These cookies are legit. Make them and then don’t complain to me about the added padding to your body.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (reduce this amount, they are VERY sweet cookies)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (reduce this amount, they are VERY sweet cookies)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- White and Choc Chips, as much as desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lay parchment for cookie sheet (this makes them easier to transfer).
Cream butter and sugars in mixer until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, beat together.
Add vanilla, baking powder and baking soda. Then add the flour. Mix until well combined.
Stir in coconut and nuts. Mix in oatmeal.
Drop on parchment paper by the tsp., spacing about 1/2 inch apart.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown. CHECK THEM, they cook quickly and I recommend the 12 minute mark.