1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground chia seeds (or flax meal)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1 cup 2 percent milk
6 tablespoons canned pumpkin purée
2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, oil, and egg.
- Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients.
- Oil a skillet over medium heat. Pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about three minutes per side; serve with toasted pecans and maple yogurt.